To Apply for M.S./M.A Degree in Biology or M.S. Degree in Raptor Biology:
- Submit an on-line graduate application along with the application fee to the Graduate Admissions Office. The online application will require:
- Contact information for three individuals who can supply academic or professional letters of recommendation.
- A cover letter discussing your professional goals, research interests, and reasons for wishing to study biology at Boise State University
- Have the following sent to: Graduate Admissions Office, Boise State University, 1910 University Drive, Boise, ID 83725.
- Have the Registrars of ALL post-secondary institutions attended send official transcripts.
- Have your GRE scores for the General Test forwarded.
- Applications for fall admission are due the previous January 15th. Applications for spring admission are due the previous October 1st. Enrollment in all masters programs is competitive, and achievement of minimum admission requirements does not guarantee admission in the program.
Honors and Awards
On behalf of the Department of Biological Sciences I am pleased to announce Tempe Regan as this year’s recipient of the Michael W Butler Ecological Research Award. Tempe’s masters thesis research is focused on identifying and understanding the factors that contribute to barn owl roadway mortality along a 250 km stretch of Interstate-84 in southern Idaho. In addition to her research activities, Tempe serves as a TA in B192, mentors undergraduates in research, and provides assistance to undergraduates looking for research opportunities within the department. For all these reasons, Tempe is a very deserving recipient of the award. Congratulations Tempe!
Also, I would like to thank all of the graduate students who applied for this year’s award. As in previous years, the selection was a difficult one for the committee. We continue to be impressed by the quality of research being done by our graduate students, and the commitment they’ve demonstrated toward the department, their peers, and the scientific community.
Interim Director of Graduate Studies in Biology